Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Work life balance

I wanted to write about work life balance, but my whole life war about work. I never knew what a good balance was about.. My idea is to have someone I love to go back to after every day's of hard work. I began to realise that regardless of where I am, my work will be hard. I'm not doubting I love my work, but Sharon is right.. I need to learn to say no. Why am I burnmg myself this way? It reminds me of the spiritual gifts God has given me. I like to help people because God in all His grace has given me so much. I want to be of service to Him as well. What is helping others and extending love when it cost you nothing? That's why I always chose to go the extra mile.. I always chose to help others, usually in a way that no one understands. Xiuling did not understand. We often quarreled due to what I do, who I am. Will there be someone who will understand me? Someone who will stand by me and appreciate what I do and walk that extra mile with me? Or will everyone just tell me that I'm killing myself, I'm doing too much etc.

I'm just gonna work on 1 thing at a time. Solve the decoding problem then move on to the scanner API. Just gotta break down my task to something I can chew on.. Why worry about the whole big chunk together when I can even put it into my mouth?

Anyway I need to get a life.. My parents complaint that they haven't seen me for a while. They have no idea how much work I have.. But well, I'll find time. Maybe I'll go grab a drink tonight. :)

No comments: