Tuesday, August 12, 2008

missions

It kinda saddened me to hear that ppl view missions in some funny light. Ppl thinks that its more glorious to serve in the harder places and not the nicer places. But did we remember that it is God who called every single one to serve in different lands? Who chose? Was it man or God?

Anyway, my trip here confirmed a few things for me.. That IT ppl are indeed needed everywhere.. Many have said, if I would to move out of singapore, many ppl would love to have me.. I wonder. I've been wanting to go away for a long time.. 1st time for missions moslem though. If the Lord calls, my prayer is that.. I hope I'm ready by then.

Many new visions about how IT can be important.. I guess my expertise is still not enough to be used in the field yet.. But if the Lord willing, He will prepare me for it. I'm not sure if I'm willing or dare to go full time, but 2 weeks a year definitely sounds possible. My wish is that I can work something out with my boss so he is willing to let me get away from office from time to time to serve the Lord... I pray that the Lord will open this door for me.. If not, I know He will work something out for me. Pray for me with regards to this area.

Time here has been fun and nice. I realised I don't have very much to offer.. I can't talk.. I can't give godly advice when ppl needed them.. I felt blessed by the family.. That I get to experience the journey with them.. Hope they are as blessed too with andrew being around.. Just having the touch from home.. Tired le.. Good night.

No comments: