Saturday, December 27, 2008

Year 2009 Resolutions

Year after year, I write my new year resolution... I didn't manage to complete most of them every year, but I do achieve some... Year 2008... the Lord has been really good... I grew in my walk, closer and learning to depend on Him on a daily basis.  So many things could go wrong, but the Lord chose to preserve me, like what He will always be doing for His people... in my latest reading Esther as well.  I've also gotten closer to many brothers in church... even outside church... thank God for you brothers as well... it is important for me... thank you... people like Bun, Robert, Jian Shin, Peng Hock, Wei Lun, Justin, Sam, Winston, Andrew... (:  Haa, sometimes I may not be very Christ-like, so thank you for your patience... 

Family, I haven't work on much with them, but I see myself talking to them at a deeper level, even sis... (:  Well, I never really apologise to her before, so yeah, sorry... And of course mum and dad.. you have been really kind and allowing me to work hard.. Yes, home is not a hotel... I shall try to at least come home for dinner once in a fortnight... (start slow)...

Physical, I've gotten much better this year.. still hoping to exercise at least once a week... either swim or jog or some ball games will be nice... 

Okay, here's the plan....

Spiritual
  • Consistent QT, hoping to finish OT by mid 2009... it has been well..
  • Work on my prayer life...
  • Continue to do what I've been doing.... (2 Tim)
Physical
  • Exercise once in a fortnight, can be swim, jog or some racket Bulleted List/ ball games... golf not counted...
  • Work on my vitamins... take 1 daily...
  • My nasal spray, continue to use it, else my throat will always cause problem..
Family
  • Come home for dinner at least once a fortnight 
  • Work towards coming home for dinner once a week at least...
  • Continue to remember the major events like birthdays, father/mother's days... bring them out for meals... 
  • Maintain a good testimony at home... 
  • Share Christ with Mum again...
Social/Friends/Relationship
  • Meet the brothers on a regular basis, to pray for one another
  • Make effort to maintain good r/s with colleagues and friends (wk, ws, ay, ec) 
  • Build good r/s with the family.. 
  • Putting God 1st, then your needs before mine..
Ministry
  • Be diligent in praying for the Boys...
  • Be diligent to plan the programs for the Boys, I can be very last minute...
More thoughts as I go along... 

No comments: